Tuesday, November 29, 2011


Wine Me?
Rebecca Suriano makes original handpainted wineglasses.  They're as colorful and fun as the artist herself.

What's the story behind Wine Me?  I am a natural born artist and reformed rebellious party girl. I didn’t always know which path to take in life, but I always knew I had an entrepreneurial streak.  My "ah-ha" moment came at a lecture by my favorite author, Elizabeth Gilbert of "Eat, Pray, Love" fame.  When Gilbert shared the words "obey what is clear," I felt as though she was speaking directly to me. I had to turn my dream of starting my own business into a reality.  There’s nothing I love more than sharing a bottle of wine in the company of good friends. One evening I thought to myself, "Why just drink? Drink in style."  So I started painting wineglasses as a hobby.  I knew I had a marketable product when I couldn't keep up with demand.  In October 2010 Wine Me? was born after many hours of my labor as a server in the restaurant industry.

What kind of paint do you use?  Glass paint. Martha Stewart just came out with an amazing new line of paints. They are fantastic. Very vibrant and great quality. She's my hero!
Is each order custom or can people choose from a catalog of designs?  Each order is custom. Except when I do festivals. I just make an abundance of popular designs. There will be a catalog in the making and should be out sometime in 2012.

Handwash or dishwasher?  Handwash in warm water.

Your photo albums on Facebook showcase a huge variety of designs. Tell me about some of your more unusual orders.  My most unusual order was also the first custom order I had ever taken. The background of the glass was painted as the world and had a dragonboat, iceskates, and ice luger, a diver, a kite, and well, you get the point, it was quite unusual.


Do you paint other types of glassware besides wineglasses?  Typically I only work with wineglasses and beer mugs, but if it's glass, I'll paint it!


Want more space for your special wineglasses?  Schedule a free consultation with us to find out how you can transform your house into the home you've always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment